Massage St Leonards
Get Active Physiotherapy and Massage St Leonards has a dedicated team of Massage Therapists. Our team work specialise in the following services:
- Remedial Massage
- Relaxation Massage
- Sports Massage
- Pre & Post Natal Massage
- Physiotherapy/Massage combination to compliment your physiotherapy treatment (separate Physiotherapy treatment required)
- Gift Vouchers
Click here to make a booking
Massage has been shown to reduce chronic stress and work tension, improve blood flow, reduce post exercise muscle pain, improve concentration and work performance, and will leave you feeling relaxed and energized.As mentioned above there are many types of massage available here at Get Active Physiotherapy. There is one however that has some confusion as to what it actually is, whilst being the one that we pride ourselves on. That is sports massage.
In a nutshell sports massage is applying massage techniques to increase athletic performance
If received on a regular basis this type of massage may reduce the occurrence of injury, which may otherwise be caused by overused muscles. A constant and increasing activity load can lead to a build up of tension, in turn this may lead to excessive stress on joints, ligaments, tendons and the muscular system.
This type of massage will allow an individual to perform at an optimum level, in turn increasing performance, whilst reducing the potential for injury. Sports massage is for any phase of the season, whether that be during your off season, pre season, competition, in a tapering phase or recovery also not forgetting pre and rehabilitation. In conjunction with Physiotherapy, for sports or any injury, a sports massage will enhance treatment and you will reap the benefits.
If you have sports injuries our therapists often work closely with physiotherapists (with your consent) to provide you with the best possible care. If you are pregnant or want a more relaxing massage we can also cater for you. We have the option of utilising seated massage chairs. These chairs are often more comfortable for women in the third trimester of pregnancy.
If you have a preference for either a male or female therapist that is, “not a problem” just mention this when making the booking. You can even choose your therapist by browsing at out team profiles below. Check out our Massage St Leonards therapist profiles within the dropdown menu and select a therapist that is most suitable for you!
Most private health funds now provide a rebate for massage therapy services with on the spot rebates available at both Get Active Physiotherapy and Massage St Leonards clinics, saving you a trip to the health fund.
1 Hour massage gift e-vouchers are available through our online store. Alternatively you can purchase these at any of our St Leonards clinics. Massage vouchers last for 6 months and are a great gift idea for family or friends!
Our massage guarantee is simple, “love you massage or its FREE”
Massage VIP Program
1. Free Gift after every consult: You will receive a 250 gm gift bag of Epsom Bath Salts to maximise the benefits of your massage
2. Priority booking: We will reserve your favourite time slot indefinitely. Confirmation of your next consult will be at the conclusion of your current consult. You can change your preferred time whenever you want.
3. Complimentary Gift Vouchers: You will receive $30 off initial consult vouchers to hand out to your friends, family and colleagues who have not previously attended our clinics, so that they can benefit from our services too.
4. Loyalty Massage: After you‘ve had 10 hours of massage (within 12 months) your 11th hour will be free.
5. Rewards for referral:You will receive a 60 minute massage for the price of 30 minute for every person you refer to us including referrals from initial consult vouchers.
6. Discounts for pre-purchase: You will get a $100 discount when pre-purchasing 10 consults. You will get a $25 discount when pre-purchasing 5 consults.